Thursday, December 22, 2016

Book Babes Unite's Favorite Reads of 2016!!!

Christy's Top 16 of 2016!

   photo c8a6458ebd1f4cec7faa3f939f99c35e_zpsjn1fwnkq.jpg

I'm up to 272 books this year, so narrowing it down to 16 wasn't easy for me. I loved so many books I read this year and could have easily made a top 20, 30, or 40, but these are my absolute favorites...

1- The Silent Waters by Brittainy C. Cherry. No surprise there. Brittainy has written my top read for 3 years in a row. She is my favorite author for a reason, people! I love her words, her characters, and everything about her books. This one is especially beautiful and brilliant.

2- All the Ugly and Wonderful Things by Bryn Greenwood. This book blew me away. It came out of nowhere and completely consumed me.

3- From Sand and Ash by Amy Harmon. This is the one book on my list I would recommend to every person I know, no matter what they read.

4- It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover. Her best book yet. Brave and Bold.

5- One Day Soon by A Meredith Walters. I read this one early this year and it's still on my mind. Yoss and Imogen's story is one I will never forget.

6/7- Full Tilt/All In by Emma Scott. These books are gorgeous. Emma's writing is stunning. She is an author I found this year and I can honestly say all of her books are wonderful.

8- Collared by Nicole Williams. Truly an epic romance. I get so offended when I hear people say this isn't a romance. It's an EPIC romance. And the ending was perfect ;)

9- Lucas by Jay McLean. Jay's books always have a special place in my heart and Lucas is one of her best. She's the best author that can bring the feels and make me laugh in equal measure.

10- Swear on this Life by Renee Carlino. One of the best second chance romances I've ever read. And I loved the unique way the story was told.

11- Some Kind of Perfect by Krista Ritchie & Becca Ritchie. This book brought me to tears so many times. These characters are like family to me. LiLo forever!!!

12- The Hating Game by Sally Thorne. I seriously loved the banter in this one. It made me laugh so many times and was just an all around great book. I can't believe it's a debut.

13- Weightless by Kandi Steiner. Kandi is another new to me author. I've read 3 of her books this year and loved them all, but Weightless was so special to me. Kudos to you, Kandi- for writing such a relatable character to so many people.This story felt so real to me and I loved it so much.

14- The Heart by Kate Stewart. I love all of Kate's books, but this series is so emotionally charged and fantastic. Definitely my favorite by her. Jack and Rose's story stole my heart.

15- Wolfing by TJ Klune. My friend Rachel practically badgered me into reading this book, and I love her for it. Not only is this the best m/m book I've ever read, it's probably the best shifter book I've ever read. And one of my top favorites this year. Ox is one of my favorite characters ever and the audio version of this book is amazing.

16- A Thousand Boy Kisses by Tillie Cole. I think I cried more reading this book than any other book I've read this year. But I loved the pure love between Rune and Poppy. It's such a gorgeous book!

Reanell's Top Favorites!


1. Hawthorne and Heathcliff by R.K. Ryals. I seriously fell in complete book love with this one. Such a complex story line with characters that I want to be real friends with.

2. How to Date a Douchebag by Sara Ney. I read this book based off a recommedation thread from a book group and asked myself "Why the hell haven't I heard of this author before....because she's fucking fantastic!

3. Neighbors by Stylo Fantome. THIS BOOK.....THIS BOOK fucking rocked my socks off. Probably the only book to ever completely blow my mind with the plot twist. I never saw it coming!!

4. Bossman by Vi Keeland. Hottest cover ever....and best book ever! Vi Keeland NEVER disappoints with her stories and Bossman was no exception. Chase Parker can be my boss any damn day of the week!

5. Stealing Home by Nicole Williams. Nicole writes the best Book Boyfriends. This quote sums up how the entire book "feels" "Before you form any more unfavorable opinions of me, let me just remind you that I'm a baseball player." When I arched a brow at him, he continued, "I'm good with my hands, know what to do with a big stick, and am used to getting dirty." That quote is why I love Luke Archer!

6. The Ending I Want by Samantha Towle. Beautiful cover aside this story was an emotional one that went straight to my heart. From the first chapter to the very end, I was captivated. Don't let the blurb scare you into missing one beautiful story!!

7. Filthy English by Ilsa Madden Mills. This was my first book by this author and I instantly fell for her writing and characters.  Dax Blay is one hot British man you do not want to miss!

8. Angel of Redemption by J.A. Little. I screamed from the rooftops after finding this hidden gem. Social worker meets group home leader and sparks fly. This is a long book, almost 1,000 pages but it went so fast I didn't even notice how long it was! I finished in 2 days because I  got so hooked!

9. Stuck-Up Suit by Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward. Penelope and Vi are fantastic authors on their own, but together they are ON FIRE! I don't even know how to adequately describe the magic that happens when they write together. 

10. The Hating Game by Sally Thorne. This book was on the polls for Goodreads book of the year for a reason. It hit every one of my buttons for a 5 star read!

11. The Wall of Winnipeg & Me by Mariana Zapata. Wanna know how much I loved this book? I've read it twice and listened on audio twice...and I could do another listen and read and not tire of this story. Mariana has a way of sinking her teeth in me while reading. (I could seriously include every book  of hers on here.)

12. Paper Princess by Erin Watt. This book was like crack for me. I devoured this book and the next one like my life depended on it. 

13. The Law of Moses by Amy Harmon. I listened to this book on audio and let me tell you....the narrator knocked this one out of the park! When the narrator is sobbing during a scene.....you know that narrator kicks major ass! And of course I was sobbing right along with her. Amy Harmon writes poetically and I fall in love with her words every time.

14. Corrupt by Penelope Douglas. Holy shit. SHOWER THREESOME SCENE. Enough said.

15. Wait For It by Mariana Zapata. Mariana is the QUEEN of Slow Burn Romance. I gobble up her words like crack. She writes it and I feed it to my veins. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. 

16. It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover. I read this book while on vacation in TN and that's what I remember most about my vacation. This book has a very powerful message and knowing this was based on a family member of Colleen's made it that much more powerful. BRAVE AND BOLD! 



Bella's Top Favorites! 



I can't put them in order!!!!!!!!  It was hard enough to narrow them down to my top 12.  So, in NO particular order, these are the books I read this year that stuck with me long after I finished.  

  1. Sustained by Emma Chase.  This book gave me so many feels.  Jake Becker stole my heart, but so did Chelsea and all of the kids.  It's sexy, it's sweet, it's unforgettable.  If you get the chance to listen to this one on audio, I highly recommend it. 
  2. It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover.  Coho has mad writing skills but she really got me with this book.  It hurts to read, my stomach hurt and my heart broke, but I can't recommend it enough.  
  3. American Queen by Sierra Simone.  Holy effing hotness.  Sierra Simone is so talented.  This book is so amazingly hot but it was so much more than that.  The plot grabbed me and wouldn't let me go until I finished every page.  I CAN'T wait for the next two books. (M/M/F)
  4. Moonshot by Alessandra Torre.  Another favorite author of mine.  Alessandra Torre never disappoints me.  Moonshot was so suspenseful and sexy.  Must read. 
  5. Srong Signal by Megan Erickson and Santino Hassell.  Man oh man.  M/M books are fast becoming my favorite type of books to read.  Strong Signal was about Garrett - a soldier on deployment and Kai - a gamer.  They connect online, then meet in real life.  I loved their connection, but I also love how hard it was for them to find their HEA.  I have re-read this book several times.  Audio is fantastic, too. 
  6. Out of Nowhere by Roan Parrish.  This is book two in the series.  In the Middle of Somewhere is also an amazing read - and I HATED Colin in book 1.  HATED him.  Well, Roan Parrish managed to make me love him.  Such a fantastic M/M book. 
  7. Wolfsong by TJ Klune.  I never would have picked up this book if it wasn't for a friend in a Facebook group annoying the hell out of everyone to read it.  It's M/M, but it's paranormal and that is not typically my cup of tea.  I'm so glad I took a chance and read it!  I listened to it on audio and it was AMAZING.  So well written, so captivating, so so good.  TJ Klune is my new crack - I'm addicted and determined to read every word he writes. 
  8. Unraveling Josh by Edie Danford.  Another M/M book.  Edie Danford brings us the story of Nick and Josh, the manwhore and the genuinely nice guy.  Such an unlikely pair, but they are so good together.  All the feels.  
  9. Prime Minister and Doctor Bad Boy by Ainsley Booth and Sadie Haller.  This series is phenomenal.  Sexy, kinky, addictive. 
  10. Steadfast by Sarina Bowen.  Sarina Bowen is an auto buy author for me.  I never thought I would fall in love with an ex-con, ex-drug addict.  But I did. What I love most about Sarina Bowen is that she isn't afraid to tackle ugly subjects. She takes things you don't like to think about, brings them to the forefront of your mind and says - THINK ABOUT THIS. Don't be an ass. Really think and see how you feel when you process something instead of just giving a reflex reaction. All while making it fun and sexy, too. You need to meet Jude and read his story. 
  11. Paper Princess by Erin West. OMG.  Talk about addiction.  Elle Kennedy and Jenifer Fredrick combine forces to tell a story that sucks you in and leaves you reeling.  You have to read it. 

AMAZON BUY LINKS:



2 comments:

  1. oh what a great list of books here!!! 2016 was a fabulous year of reading right? I did love Sustained as well, my favorite book from Chase. The Hating Game is on my list to try out in 2017.

    ReplyDelete

BBU - Coming Soon