Sunday, December 18, 2016

5 stars for This is Love by Caroline Nolan!

Christy's 5 star review: 

   photo E3809452-691E-4730-986A-8BC5B070195B_zpsz7qsivrq.jpg


This is Love is a unique and unconventional love story. It’s a story about loss, friendship, hope, and most of all- love. Rachel is a woman who has suffered a tragic loss. Losing the love of your life is one of the hardest losses anyone can imagine, I’m sure. After losing her fiancé, Ben, Rachel doesn’t know how to go on. She feels helpless and hopeless. Grief consumes her. But then, Rachel finds a way to start moving forward. She doesn’t know if it’s healthy or not, but it’s the only way she can seem to cope.

 
I knew then I could still live my life with Ben. I knew it wasn’t conventional or even real for that matter, but for me, it was enough.

Everything is slowly starting to go back to normal for Rachel. She’s working again, trying to go out with friends again, but at night- she’s with her Ben. Her dreams make her life worth while and that’s what she’s holding on to. That is, until she meets Jackson, or I should say sees him again. Jackson was Mr. Popular in high school. He was also 2 years older than Rachel and didn’t know she existed. But she knew him. Everyone did. Jax has moved back to town after being gone for a long time. When he meets Rachel, they click. They become friends first, and it’s exactly what Rachel needs, but their friendship starts to turn into more. And it’s scary for her.

 
“I’m scared I don’t have enough left to give you,” I confess. He presses his lips to my forehead. This time it feels much more intimate than it did after our date. 

“Don’t be,” he whispers against my skin. “I just felt you give me everything.”


   photo E67BDD28-9A31-4D9C-8AF1-F4FF279B4190_zpssjg9moni.jpg


I loved watching Jackson and Rachel’s relationship progress. Their journey, struggles and the love between them felt so real. And towards the end when Jackson (view spoiler)- I seriously had all the feels and my tears were pouring. It was such a beautiful moment. I love emotional reads so much and this one made me feel in all the best ways.

It's such an amazing feeling, to read a new to me author and fall in love with their story. It’s happened to me a few times this year, and it never gets old. I fell in love with this story. It was a moving and powerful novel and it was beautifully written. I loved all the characters involved and felt that the author took a story that could have been messy and crafted it into a gripping and stunning romance. I give it a full 5 stars and can’t wait to read more from this author in the future!

“You made my life worth it.”
 


   photo 29A1CC7B-4C30-4771-B2E9-2562AFF61E86_zpsx4inotaj.jpg


Check out this fabulous book while it's onsale for $1.99! 


http://amzn.to/2hWhXRk

No comments:

Post a Comment

BBU - Coming Soon